The two companies sign a global agreement with deployment in 27 countries and a duration of five years, which includes the provision of five categories of services
Bogotá/Madrid, 21 June 2018 - Avianca, a leading airline in Latin America, and second oldest in the world, has chosen Telefónica Business Solutions, leading provider of a wide range of digital services and integrated communications solutions for the B2B market, as technological partner to accelerate the digital transformation of its operations in 27 countries. The five-year agreement includes the provision of five categories of global services, among which are the traditional voice and data connectivity, infrastructure support (LAN/WLAN/Cabling centre), complemented with digital Security and SDN solutions.
Avianca is working on a digital transformation process that aims to transform the company in the number one Latin American airline for travellers from around the world by 2020. To achieve this, it proceeded to look for the most appropriate partner to undertake this transformation, thus choosing Telefónica to organize its entire IT and communications area, and to lead the strategic projects aimed at the company’s digital transformation.
Avianca and Telefónica now work together in the analysis of requirements and to find the most adequate solution to their needs to fulfil this vision.
“This agreement makes it possible for us to move forward with our digital transformation goal. Telefónica has been an ally in processes such as the certification of our infrastructure, as well as the unification of communications, by integrating tools such as voice, video conferencing, and Skype for Business. All these advances undoubtedly help to optimize the customer experience and the company’s productivity”, indicates Santiago Aldana, Senior Vice President of Digital and Technology of Avianca.
For his part, José Cerdán, Managing Director of Telefónica Business Solutions, indicates: “Telefónica has extensive experience in all kinds of IT solutions and new digital services, experience that we now wish to share with Avianca. We’re not just talking about technology, and go further in the digital approach; we're talking about teamwork, understanding the needs, and finding the best solution that allows them to fly”.
The global collaboration agreement encompasses the following initiatives:
- Administration, management, and certification of its LAN/WLAN infrastructure for 27 countries
- Renewal and transformation of the International WAN: administration and monitoring of MPLS and Internet services, and the evolution of MPLS to SDN (CISCO SD-WAN)
- UCC evolution and transformation: construction of a unified communications solution integrating VoIP, PSTN, video conferencing, and Skype for Business
- Security administration and management focused on detection, prevention, response, and security breach control services
- Renewal, management, and operation of Avianca’s cabling centres (power, UPS, and cabling